Outstanding in Their Field
Where are you from?
I was born in Lexington, Ky, in 1967 – we moved to the farm in Madison County in 1981 and been here ever since.
Did you grow up on a farm?
Yes. For the last 52 years, I have been in training on our family farms in Lee, Owsley and Madison counties. I still learn something new every day – the farm is the best classroom I know.
Where did you go to college?
I graduated from Madison Central in 1985 and from Eastern Kentucky University in 1989; I majored in accounting and have a minor in agriculture.
Were you involved with any clubs or teams growing up?
- I was the Secretary and President of the Madison Central FFA (1984/1985)
- I was also the Secretary of the Blue Grass Region (1986)
- I was a member of the 1985 Madison Central FFA National Land Judging Championship Team – tying for First Place individual in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Interesting facts about yourself:
I married my high school sweetheart in 1988 – we have four strong sons, four beautiful daughters-in-law and three AMAZING grandkids with two more on the way! I have been a loan officer for Ag Credit for 14 years, and prior to that I was the office manager/Controller for Blue Grass Stockyards. We have a 93-acre farm in Madison County where we raised our four sons teaching them how to work by raising tobacco and beef cattle. I have been a member of Newby Baptist Church for 31 years where I teach Sunday school and hold the office of treasurer.
Are you a member of any committees, groups or boards?
- Vice President of the Kentucky Cattlemen’s Association
- Treasurer for the Madison County Farm Bureau
- Chair of the Madison County AG Council
- Member of the Madison County Board of Adjustments
Favorite part of being an Ag Credit loan officer:
Helping others (period). I not only want to be a good loan officer, I want to be a good friend and neighbor. If you can’t help others, you sure don’t want to hurt them and that sometimes puts us, as loan officers, in a very serious conversation with folks teaching them the mechanics of finance and reality. Being an Ag Credit loan officer positions us to be a great resource to our members and neighbors because we are very involved in the ag community« See all News